Press & Events
Sew Retro in the news & on the blogs
- Singer put together this lovely version of the Victorian Pincushion, and offered it as a downloadable PDF, right here.
- Singer 160th Anniversary Machine: I was thrilled to have a paperback version of Sew Retro bundled with this fabulous retro-inspired machine from Singer that sold on HSN in January of 2012.
- Notions (the publication of the American Sewing Guild) reviewed Sew Retro in their April 2011 issue. Download the PDF here.
- What a lovely review from Jennifer Forest! (April 2011) You can even see the various projects she made from Sew Retro.
- Hear me talk about Sew Retro with Mark Lapinski here on Creative Mojo. Click on the Podcast for Wednesday, March 9. My segment is about 50 minutes in, and you should be able to fast-forward right to it (although the whole show is really interesting and enjoyable!).
- Here is a review of Sew Retro from Craft Critique from Feb. 2011 (she even shows one of the projects she made from the book--love it!).
- Miss Sews-it-all did a nice review of Sew Retro (January 2011).
- The November issue of Ohio Magazine featured Sew Retro in a story about sewing's revival. They also included the Patchwork Potholders as a web exclusive (November 2010).
- I'm quoted in this San Francisco Chronicle story about the revival of home sewing (November 2010).
- There's a piece about sewing that mentions Sew Retro in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (October 2010).
- CraftGossip.com did a sewing blog post about the Sew Retro video (August 2010).
- Listen to me talk about sewing's resurgence, and why I wrote Sew Retro on Cincinnati's public radio station, WVXU.
- I did a Q&A with Kate Hanley about finding time to be creative on the Whole Living blog (August (2010).
- Betz White did a lovely review of Sew Retro on her blog (August 2010).
- This fun Q&A is on the Craftside blog (with pictures of my workspace)! (August 2010).
- Read a Q&A with me on the Hijas Americanas blog all about why I wrote Sew Retro, why 19th century domestic fiction is fun to read, and what it means to be self-aware (August 2010).
- Read my guest blog entry about the history of sewing (it's fun, I promise!) on Wonders & Marvels (August 2010).
- Read an essay I wrote for AOL's ParentDish about making a patchwork quilt, and the unexpected effect it had on my toddler (August 2010).
- See my guest blog about making the Sew Retro video on Kelly Watson's wonderful blog, One Woman Marketing (July 2010).
- The Retro Housewife blog and WhipUp both gave Sew Retro a lovely review! (July 2010).
- Thanks, Sew Liberated, for adding Sew Retro to your "In the Book Bag" list! (July 2010).
- See what Cincinnati Magazine says about Sew Retro! (June 2010).
- ReadyMade gave Sew Retro a rave review on the editors' blog! (June 2010).
- Sew Retro was included in the Running With Needles blog on crafty books for summer reading at MLive.com (July 2010).
Want to interview Judi Ketteler or book her for an event? Contact her at , (513.731.2253) or Cathy Steen at (978.282.3582)